Wednesday 7 December 2011

Jounal #3

After reading the third quarter of the book i am still enjoying the book alot! I really enjoy how Rick Riordan uses action and small conflicts to further develop the characters as well, as well as the plot of the story. For example: when Percy and Annabeth are given the challenge of retreiving Ares' shield from the tunnel of love ride at the waterpark. This part of the book develops Percy and Annabeth's relationship and brings them closer together, also i believe that the setting of the tunnel of love foreshadows things to come between Percy and Anabeth. Also, it develops the plot by bringing in Ares who helps the group by giving them a ride west, bags, and money. I believe that this develops the plot further and i also think that Ares will play a very large role later in the story. I also really enjoy how the action has not slowed at all this far in the story. Also I enjoy that the action although is almost always a fight between Percy the others and a greek monster, the fight and resolution always feels new. The way that this is written to always be different it never becomes boring and never feels like the same old thing. Even though you know that the fight scene or conflict is coming, you never know who it will be against or what they will need to overcome and never know how they might resolve it. I believe that because the story is told this way it keeps you very interested and very curious about what is going to happen in the book.

Nick Finlay  

4 comments:

  1. i kind of disagree on the idea that the tunnel of love ride brought them closer together. i believe that it created a sort of barrier between them, an akward tension and that this will almost push them appart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see where your coming from. But i believe that it seems as though there is an awkward tension just because they are sort of blocking their feelings and acting like they don't ike each other. I agree that there is sort of a barrier but only because they are young and being immature and hiding their feelings, also Poseidon and Athena don'y really see eye to eye which i think makes Annabeth sort of try to make a barrier between her and Parcy. Good point though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think that their relationship isnt necessarily a sensual relationship. Instead I think their relationship is is more like being team-mates, more in between Aquaintances, and good friends. I think that the tunnel of love ride made them gain respect for eachother just like team-mates.Despite the awkwardness I dont think that this created a barrier, just feelings being masked. I actually think that this may improve their relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think that their relationship isnt necessarily a sensual relationship. Instead I think their relationship is is more like being team-mates, more in between Aquaintances, and good friends. I think that the tunnel of love ride made them gain respect for eachother just like team-mates.Despite the awkwardness I dont think that this created a barrier, just feelings being masked. I actually think that this may improve their relationship.

    ReplyDelete