Tuesday 22 November 2011

So far I really like this book it had a very strong beginning that drew me in right away and mostly what I love about the intro is that the author really takes him time to lay out all the details about Percy Jackson and to describe his life. Usually I find that when a books intro is to long it tends to get boring, but this one drew me in right away. It has plenty of action and develops the main character very well. The main character Percy Jackson is a very interesting character. At first he describes himself as troubled. He has dyslexia, HDHD, and has not been able to go through a full year of school without being expelled. But the author manages to make you feel like all the things he had done were not his fault and made you feel sorry for him. When I read this first part of the book I almost felt like I was the character of Percy Jackson. I didn’t picture a twelve year old boy with long black hair and green eyes I pictured myself. Even in the parts we he was getting angry at Nancy Bobbofit, or smelly Gabe I felt like I was in his shoes. And that leads me to another point. The author really does a good job of making you hate all of the bad people in the book. He makes you angry at them and makes you want to punch them out yourself.

jamie

2 comments:

  1. Yea i agree,the book really did start with a very googd description of Percy which i really enjoyed. I also enjoy how the characters continue to develop throughout the story and it continues to give info about Percy, Annabeth and some of the other characters in the story. But i don't find that it continues to develop Grover in the same way it does with the other characters and i disliked that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you about how the book started with a great description of Percy Jackson and his troubles in school and also having dyslexia. I found that even though I have never read the book and that I have never met Percy I felt as if I’ve known him my whole life. The way the author developed Grover as a character was, as Nick said, done very poorly as he did not describe his looks and attitude as much as he did for the rest of the characters.

    Nick Simpson

    ReplyDelete